The other day I received a pleasant surprise. Another blogger I know, Elizabeth from despitepain.com, had nominated me for the Liebster Award (see a little bit about her blog below). This award is run by The Global Aussie to help make people more aware of new blogs on the internet. I had seen this award given to other bloggers I know so I was so excited to read the message from Elizabeth saying she had nominated me. Thank you!
The Rules of the Liebster Award
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, or you chose to start a blog post about the Liebster award; you should do the following:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) At the bottom of this post, I’ve included a whole lot of images you can use for your 2017 Liebster Award.
3. For the 2018 Liebster Award, I will be shaking things up! Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting.
4. Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (Again this year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
6. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel would enjoy blogging about this award the award.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or simply link to this post.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it! Post a comment in the comments below so I can view your post and check out your blog. I personally visit each and every one. I visited a few hundred last year!!
What makes me passionate about blogging?
My family and I have been gluten free for many years now and I have learned a lot in those years. Over time many people started coming to me for advice, after being newly diagnosed with Celiac Disease. In July of this year, I finally decided to start a blog so that I could help even more people who are trying to follow a gluten free diet. Gluten free living isn’t easy but I get so excited when I can help someone feel better.
10 random facts about me
1. My “regular” job is actually being a cytogenetic technologist.
2. I am a complete Disney fanatic and usually have a countdown going for my next Disney World trip.
3. My favorite character is Mickey Mouse.
4. The gluten food I miss the most is pizza…and maybe bagels (well, I am from New York).
5. I am letting my hair go grey…there, I said it!
6. I hate cleaning the house. If I won the lottery I would hire a housekeeper WAY before I would hire a cook.
7. I love to read and listen to all kinds of music….
8. And I mean ALL kinds of music, rap, Broadway, rock, alternative, heavy metal, crooners, pop, Disney and everything in between.
9. I love bags…tote bags, pocketbooks, luggage. I love them all.
10. I wish I was a better photographer.
My answers to Elizabeth’s questions
1. It’s five minutes to midnight on New Year’s Eve – you can call one person to tell them how you think THEIR year went. You can say anything at all without fear of repercussion. Who will you call and what will you say? (This doesn’t need to be someone you know personally. Can be anyone at all.) I know a few people I would want to call and I’d say the same thing to all of them….”What were you thinking?!?”
2. An alien from an unknown planet comes to your house and ask for directions to the most beautiful place on earth. Where will you send him/her/it? I would send them to the Alaskan wilderness. The glaciers and wildlife are amazing and I’m afraid they won’t be there much longer, if we don’t do something soon. This place is definitely on my bucket list.
3. If you were a season, which season would you be? I would be winter. My favorite thing to do is to curl up under a blanket with a cup of hot chocolate and a good book after playing in the snow with my kids.
4. Hot, spicy, salty or sweet – which seasoning would you be? I would be salty AND sweet. Caramel with sea salt is currently my favorite flavor.
5. Think ahead 10 years. Will you wish you had done more with this part of your life? Will you have regrets? No regrets, I’m finally doing something I’ve wanted to do for a long time by starting this blog.
6. That alien has come back. He enjoyed his trip. He knows how people look, but he wants to learn more about them – their feelings and behaviour. In no more than thirty words, how would you describe us? We can be nasty and kind, sweet and mean, altruistic and self-centered. There are all kinds of people but I am glad to know more kind, sweet and altruistic people than the others.
7. You’re a fly on the wall. Whose wall? My mother’s, so that I can hear what she really says about me to her friends.
8. Do you have a cure for hiccups? (I have had hiccups for the last 15 minutes, hence this question!) Nope, I wish I did. I get them all the time and they can last all day. People laugh at me all the time.
9. What music would you play on a long drive? Or would you rather have silence? Music is a must on a long drive. I love all kinds of music but my favorites are The Beatles, Eric Clapton, Billy Joel, Broadway tunes, Justine Timberlake, Meaghan Trainor, Queen, Def Leppard and everything Disney. I might even throw some rap in there.
10. The alien is back and tells you that earth and its people are a bit strange. Says that his planet only has happiness and harmony. Invites you and your immediate family on a one way trip to his planet. Would you go? No, I could never leave the rest of my family. But yes, we are a bit strange.
I have seen many new and interesting blogs recently here are my nominees for the Liebster Award and some of my favorites:
1. Almost Practical – This a great blog about getting organized, useful stuff and blogging. I have learned a lot from her posts for both my blogging and my everyday life.
2. The Vegan Zebra -This blog is about healthy vegan eating. I have found so many great recipes on her website.
3. It’s Not Complicated– This is another great blog about food. I have found a lot of great gluten free recipes here but she also writes about all kinds of recipes. Her photos are out of this world too!
4. Adjust My Crown– This is not your typical mom blog. It’s a little bit of kids, faith, humor, and video all rolled into one. I can always relate to her posts.
5. Claires Kitchen– My last nominee is a fabulous food blogger. She has recipes, food reviews, sells her own cakes…basically, she talks about everything to do with food. She’s also gluten free, so I always find a lot of stuff I can cook on her blog.
Questions for my nominees
1. If you could move to anywhere you want and pick your neighbors, where would you go and who would live next door?
2. If you had a million dollars that you had to give away, who would you give it to?
3. If you were a color, what color would you be?
4. Who is your favorite celebrity and why?
5. What is the one thing you love most about yourself?
6. If you could star in one movie what would it be and why?
7. If you were a Disney character who would you be and why?
8. If someone asked you to describe yourself in 3 words, what would they be?
9. If you had 6 days to live, what would you do?
10. If your dog started talking to you, what would you say to him/her?
I just want to say thank you again to Elizabeth at despitepain.com, a great blog about living with chronic pain. My mom has lived with chronic back pain for most of my life and I have found a lot of interesting articles on Elizabeth’s website to help me relate to what my mom has been going through. Thanks again for the nomination. Please check out her blog if you have a chance.